Studio For Performing Arts LA recently announced the return of its MENASA Diversity Showcase Virtual Open Call to be held online this month.
Last year’s MENASA event offered 80 actors the opportunity to be professionally screened in Los Angeles and New York at no cost to the performers and was the WINNER of the 2021 BroadwayWorld Regional Awards for “Best special event”.
This year’s second annual diversity initiative will be held online on April 30, 2022. Actors of MENASA (Middle East, North Africa and South Asia) origin are welcome to submit and request an appointment. The selected actors will have the opportunity to perform a one-minute monologue online for a VIP panel.
The event is produced in collaboration with the MENA Arts Advocacy Coalition (MAAC) which conducted the first-ever study of its kind and revealed, “Only 1% of TV actors are from the Middle East and North Africa and last year by UCLA’s Hollywood Diversity. Report, there were no MENA actors as leads.
Walid ChayaArab-American actor and director of Studio For Performing Arts LA, said, “I am grateful to our diversity initiative MENASA to return with more than double the industry VIPs from the previous year confirmed to participate in the 2nd call. annual open, casting a wider web of opportunity for our underrepresented artists.” Together, we can change this narrative and create a more inclusive television and film landscape.
The following television and film personalities are confirmed to volunteer and participate in the 2022 Virtual Open Call:
– Vicki Goggin, casting director
– Danielle Pretsfelder Demchick, casting director
– Ted Maier, Talent Agent, Avalon Artist Group
– steven tyler O’Connor, casting director
– Karyn Caslcasting director
– Alexa Pereira, casting director
– Lisa Pantone, casting director/producer
– Debralynn Findon, Manager/Owner, Discover Management
– Rita Powers, casting director
– Rachel Reiss, casting director
– Cindy Schoonover, Talent Agent, Eris Talent Agency
– Angela Mickey, casting director
– Javier Salgado, Director, Room 37 Ent.
– Paul Sinacore, casting director
– Ani Avetyan, casting director and producer
– Michelle Glisson-Pullam, Manager/Owner, Stellar Artists Management
– Robin Caruscasting director
– Stephanie Yankwittcasting director
– Marilyn Atlas, producer/manager, Marilyn Atlas Mgmt. & Co-author of “Dating Your Character”
– Michael Sanford, casting director
– Barrie Adleberg, Writer/Producer and Founder, Split Ends Media
-David Donihue, director
– Kristene Davis, Talent Agent, SLA Talent Agency
– Anne Chapman, casting director
– Stephanie Klappercasting director
– and more to come on the studio website!
MENASA actors can submit an appointment time via the Studio For Performing Arts LA website at studioforperformingarts.com and will be contacted with more information later this month. Appointments are limited and actors are encouraged to submit as soon as possible to be considered for an appointment.
Studio For Performing Arts LA (SPALA) is proud to help artists of MENASA descent increase their acting profile and visibility through this diversity initiative. Their team strives to achieve equality and amplify the voices of performers from underrepresented groups, especially in the film and television community. This is done with the generous support of industry volunteers and the MENA Arts Advocacy Coalition (menaartsadvocacy.com).