Steps to install Beekeeper Studio on Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy JellyFish and Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa LTS using command terminal.
Beekeeper Studio is a free and cross-platform software (Linux, Mac, Windows) distributed under an open-source license (MIT). With Electron Desktop, this database manager and SQL editor offers its services for MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres, CockroachDB, Amazon Redshift, SQLite and SQL DB servers. Not only does the crisp user interface arouse curiosity, but the sharp features that the database client brings with it cannot be pushed out of the developer/administrator bed. It only supports TCP connections for PSQL or MySQL, not Unix socket connections.
• Tabs for multitasking
• Tunneled SSH Connections
• Hotkey functions
• Table sorting and filtering functions
• Store and organize Query requests
• SQL query editor with auto-completion and syntax highlighting
Steps to Install Beekeeper Studio on Ubuntu 22.04 | 20.04 LTS
The steps below also apply to other Debian and Ubuntu based distributions such as Linux Mint, MX Linux, POP_OS, etc. GitHub page.
#1st method using APT package manager
• Linux Ubuntu
• A user with sudo rights
• Terminal access
• 4 GB of RAM minimum
• 500 GB of free disk space
2. Add a GPG key
To confirm that the packages we get from the Beekeeper repository are from the authentic source without any anomalies, the system needs a signed GPG key for the packages by its developers.
wget --quiet -O - https://deb.beekeeperstudio.io/beekeeper.key | sudo apt-key add -
3. Add Beekeeper Studio Repository
The next step is to add the repository for the Debian system provided by the Beekeeper Studio developers. We have to use it because the packages to configure Beekeeper are not available through the default system repository.
echo "deb https://deb.beekeeperstudio.io stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/beekeeper-studio-app.list
4. Run System Update
Once you have added the repository, run the update system command using the Apt package manager, this will refresh the Repo cache and also notify the system of the recently added repository on Ubuntu.
sudo apt update -y
5. Command to Install Beekeeper Studio on Ubuntu 22.04 | 20.04
Well, that’s it…we have everything you need to install Beekeeper Studio on Ubuntu Linux using the APT package manager.
sudo apt install beekeeper-studio -y
6. Run your database manager
If you have successfully followed the steps given above in this tutorial, we can easily run this graphical database manager from the app launcher. Therefore, go ahead and find Beekeeper.
7. How to update
We used the official repository and the APT package manager to install Beekeeper Studio, so we can easily update it in the future using the system update command.
sudo apt update -y
8. Uninstall or remove
Well, to completely remove the Beekeeper studio from your system using the terminal, use the commands below.
sudo apt remove beekeeper-studio -y
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/beekeeper-studio-app.list
#2nd using the SNAP package
7. Use SNAP to install Beekeeper Studio
Another method that does not require the user to manually add a repository is SNAP. Snapcraft was already there, by default, on the latest versions of Ubuntu. Therefore, if you don’t want to add the APT repository manually, use the command given here.
sudo snap install beekeeper-studio
sudo snap refresh beekeeper-studio
To uninstall in the future:
sudo snap remove beekeeper-studio
# 3rd method using GUI software center
8. Get Beekeeper Studio from Ubuntu GUI Software Center
If you’re not comfortable with the command terminal, the easiest method is to get the beekeeper through Ubuntu’s graphical software center.
• Click on the given software application icon on the Ubuntu Docker or just search for the software from the application launcher.
• After that, click on the search icon and type – Beekeeper to get the corresponding result.
• Select the Beekeeper software from the result.
• Click on the “To install” to get the software on your system.
Learn more about the graphical database manager from the official documentation of this tool.
• How to Install Android Studio Linux Mint 20.1
• 3 Ways to Install Visual Studio Code in Ubuntu Using Terminal
• Command to Install Android Studio on Ubuntu 20.04 Linux
• Install MongoDB Compass GUI on AlmaLinux or Rocky
• 2 ways to install Mysql Workbench on Debian