Los Angeles, California, United StatesSite:
Wed Jan 5 22Posted on:
[Who You Are]
- An outgoing and collaborative problem solver
- Self-motivated, independent and flexible with a strong work ethic
- A Clear Communicator – Architects are as good as the information we convey – verbally or visually.
- Multitasking lover.
- Able to take leadership and initiative
- Eager to grow and evolve with us. AAHA Studio is constantly evolving and growing and you will be an integral part of our success.
[Who We Are]
AAHA Studio is a concierge style, full service, family-friendly Architecture and Interior design Studio that works hand in hand with clients to indulge their dreams.
We enjoy working on a range of project types including single family residences, retail, small scale businesses, and hospitality.
We are a young, design-driven studio led by the husband and wife team of Harper Halprin & Aaron Leshtz. Our team is family and our customers are part of that culture. We are collaborators. We use our individuality, experiences and unique perspectives to create a stronger whole. We are agile and inventive. We are experienced, but never stale. We are always looking to learn and improve on what came before with the goal of providing the highest quality project design and management. We are warm, honest and committed to each other, our customers and our people. We seek the best solutions to specific problems.
Our designs are based on a rigorous dialogue informed by a deep understanding of the needs and visions of our customers. We use technology, knowledge and a curious nature to provide high quality projects and services to our clients.
As a small team, it’s important that we appreciate where we work and the people we work with. The following core values are an integral part of this culture:
- Passionate about design: We love the design found in all kinds of places – whether it’s the Schindler House or the perfect coffee mug.
- Curious nature: The type of person who climbs under a table in a public place to see how it was built
- Devotion: at work, in the workshop and to each other
- Team player: The whole is always greater than the sum of its parts
- Reactivity : We move quickly and efficiently
As an integral part of our small but powerful team, your main responsibilities will be the execution and implementation of the project design. As the heart of the production arm, you will work hand in hand with the project team, clients and collaborators to move projects forward. Being able to have a micro and macro view of a project at the same time will be integral to your success. You will have the opportunity to work on several projects in different phases at the same time, which will allow you to immerse yourself in the inner workings that make a project and an office a success.
Efficiency, quality and inventiveness are vital, and through the use of technology, we will depend on you to integrate and improve our deliverables.
This role is for talented individuals who are eager to collaborate with a great team and learn about the inner workings and growth of the studio.
[What You’ll Do]
- In collaboration with the entire team, design and execute multiple projects simultaneously, from design to documentation and construction administration
- Produce presentation drawings, diagrams and renderings using ArchiCAD, BimX and the full Adobe suite
- Research materials, products and building systems throughout the design and construction phases
- Produce and coordinate city bid packages and construction drawings
- Participate in client and consultant coordination
- The ability to visually communicate design and ideas through drawings and diagrams with a high level of design proficiency
- Working knowledge of ArchiCAD, or interest in immersing, studying, learning and conquering it. (proficiency in Revit / Bim software an asset)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Bachelor / Masters in Architecture
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in the design and documentation of projects in all phases
- Experience in building a set of drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal motivation and desire for rapid growth and leadership opportunities
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Awareness and continued desire to develop trends, materials and innovations in design and industry
- Punctual & organized
- Currently based in Los Angeles and able to legally work in the United States. This is a hybrid in-person / remote position that will require regular time spent in the office.
[Bonus Points For]
- Experience in interior architectural design and custom carpentry details
- Experience in high-end residential architecture in all phases of design and construction
- Retail and hospitality design experience
- Experience with architectural details
- Experience with FF&E specifications
- Coordination of consultants
- Knowledge of residential building codes in California
[Ready To Join Us?]
- Send us an e-mail [[email protected]] to tell us a bit about yourself and why you would be a good fit for AAHA Studio. Please include the following:
- Tell us about a design object you like and / or the last big building you visited.
- What a great “winning” job you’ve had recently.
- Which artist would you add to the Spotify studio playlist?
- Please title your e-mail: (your name) – AAHA Architectural Designer
- Please attach or send a link to your CV and some work examples
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …