Nanlite has announced its new FS-300B AC powered bi-color LED spotlight. As an AC powered light, it is designed for use in the studio rather than on location and delivers 11,130 bare Lux at 1 meter and up to 38×720 Lux when using the included reflector. It offers a bi-color gamut from 2700K to 6500K with a constant output mode ensuring your brightness remains consistent across the entire gamut.
It has an average CRI of 96 and a TLCI of 97 to ensure camera accuracy and offers 12 handy built-in effects that can be adjusted based on brightness, color temperature and speed. Its simple interface is controlled by just a few buttons and a button with a 1.3″ OLED on the back to show you what you’re doing. But, you also get built-in Bluetooth and 2.4G for wireless control with the Nanlink app from your smartphone.
The Nanlite FS-300B contains the standard Bowens mount, providing access to a host of modifiers and lighting control options for content creation as well as photography. A powerful cooling fan helps keep things cool and ensure a long life, although the fan can be turned off to eliminate noise when absolute silence is required. However, turning off the fan limits its maximum power output to 25%. A USB type A port allows firmware updates.
According to Nanlite, key features of the FS-300B include:
- Bi-color projector with wide CCT range from 2700K to 6500K
- Outputs 11,130 lux @ 1M (light only, 5600K) and 38,720 lux @ 1M (with reflector, 5600K)
- Two output modes available – constant and maximum modes
- High color fidelity with an average CRI of 96 and an average TLCI of 97
- 12 handy built-in effects customizable with brightness, color temperature and speed
- All-in-one structure allows easier installation and better stability
- 1.3 inch OLED screen, two buttons and one button user interface
- Support 2.4G, Bluetooth and NANLINK APP control
- Bowens Mount and Umbrella Holder for more modifier options
- Powerful cooling with the option to turn off the fan for absolute silence
- Firmware update via USB-A port on luminaire body
The unit offers fairly simple control which can be done via the dial interface on the rear of the unit or via Bluetooth using the Nanlink app – allowing you to drop it into a Nanlite setup very easily existing, controlling everything from your smartphone. Included in the box is the light itself, along with an LED bulb protector, 7″ Bowens mount reflector, and AC power cord.
At the time of writing, Nanlite has yet to release the final price and shipping date. We’ll update this post when we know more.