The Red & Black Publishing Company has an immediate opening for the new position of Multimedia Studio Assistant.
This student position has these main responsibilities:
- Help manage the schedule and use of the Red & Black multimedia studio, which includes a photography area and an audio / video recording area.
- Taking photos and video for Red & Black advertising clients. The major objective for fall 2021 will be the Virtual Home Show.
- Take photos and videos for Red & Black promotions, such as merchandise images for our online store or videos for alumni awareness and fundraising.
- Take pictures of Red & Black staff (and possibly clients).
- Provide equipment training to Red and Black personnel.
What we will offer you:
- Hands-on experience in a real-world media publishing company with a 128-year history of innovation
- The chance to learn new skills thanks to our professional staff and workshops.
- The opportunity to build a portfolio of professional work for clients
- Participate in a collaborative, fun and creative workplace while you work with our student and professional staff to expand our studio capabilities and creative services
- A modest stipend ($ 300 per month) and the possibility of earning bonuses on clients’ work
- Opportunities for advancement
What we are looking for:
- Photography and video experience
- Photo editing experience
- Video editing experience
- Experience in studio lighting is preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills
- Reliability and responsibility (you will be working with expensive equipment)
- Availability to work 12 to 15 hours per week. This will include a fixed schedule of 8 hours in the office during normal business hours (e.g. Tuesday and Thursday afternoons) and 5-7 hours away from the office on client shoots or other job assignments. this guy.
- Fill out the request form here.
- Fill out the request on this link.
- Deadline for submitting applications: October 11
- Start of position: week of November 1st. The ideal candidate would be able to work until the spring semester (May 2022).
About red and black
Founded in 1893, The Red & Black is a student information organization that covers the University of Georgia and Athens. We are a 501c3 non-profit organization with two missions: to train students for careers in media and to serve our audience as an exceptional source of information. Regardless of the university, we do not receive any funding from the UGA and we support through advertising, events and donations. We publish news daily on redandblack.com and produce a weekly newspaper when UGA courses are in regular session. We have an average of 60,000 weekly visitors to redandblack.com and are one of the largest community information organizations in Georgia. In addition to the student-run newsroom, we produce a family of special magazine-style publications and organize events. Each year, more than 250 students are involved in The Red & Black; beyond the newsroom, they work in sales, marketing, business, promotion and creative services.
Red & Black is committed to diversity and inclusion in our organization, in our media coverage and in the audiences we serve. All qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, disability or age. The only requirement for this position is that the candidate must be a student currently enrolled at the University of Georgia.