SciPlay Acquires Alictus Studio in Up to $300 Million Deal

0

Social Casino Experience Developer SciPlay added another top mobile studio to its lineup of assets, broadening the scope of its gaming experience and expertise. The acquisition of Alictusa Turkey-based casual game experience development studio, has become the latest asset that SciPlay will now manage under its umbrella.

SciPlay pays $100 million upfront, more depending on results

SciPlay will pay $100 million in cash or 80% of the total agreed value, with the remaining 20% ​​paid over the next five years. Alictus and SciPlay have agreed to a total of up to $200 million in payouts provided specific criteria and performance targets have been fully met. Commenting on this acquisition, the CEO of SciPlay Josh Wilson noted:

“Alictus’ powerful combination of hyper-casual expertise with our live services and industry-leading meta-capabilities positions us to expand our market share by developing hit games with compelling gameplay, driving player engagement and improving revenue and profitability.”

CEO of Sci Play Josh Wilson

Alictus is one of the most prominent casual gaming experience developers who have amassed over 300 million downloads across their entire game portfolio. Today, the studio is present in the United States on the App Stores and iOS with a number of options such as Candy Challenge 3D, Deep Clean Inc, Collect Cubes, and others. SciPlay has been able to continually expand its reach into the mobile gaming space after its spin-off from Scientific Games, which recently rebranded itself as Light & Wonder.

SciPlay offers an exceptional selection of its own games, including Monopoly Slots, Quick Hit Slots, Hot Shot Casino and 88 Fortunes, among others. Interest in new development capabilities has grown as iGaming and social casino experiences have become an increasingly important part of the overall landscape in the United States.

Mobile gaming is a promising segment, SciPlay is sourcing

Mobile games are already taking the lead in terms of player interest. The mobile games segment also creates unique opportunities for in-game advertising, which is also estimated at $13 billion.

Casual games are particularly successful because they offer an even simpler experience based on random gaming sessions that are constantly available to consumers. SciPlay, which specializes in casual, bingo and casino experiences, is also happy to expand further into this segment. The company’s ticker symbol SCPL rose 5.73% to $12.74 on the NASDAQ exchange today.


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.